Last Updated: October 11, 2022
"Cookies" Explained and Why They are Used
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website - when visited by a user - asks your browser to store on your computer or device in order to remember information about you, such as your IP address, device identifier, language and/or currency preference or login information. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We also use a range of similar technologies that are deployed when you visit a website, and/or may be embedded in the web pages and/or emails you receive, and typically stored on your computer, device and/or web browser, including, “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” which are small graphics, which may be invisible to you, that have a unique identifier and are embedded in the web pages you visit and/or email message you receive, and “embedded scripts” which are programming codes that are designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on.
Cookies may be used for many different purposes. For example, cookies can be used to show that you have previously visited and/or used a feature of the Services and to identify which parts of the Services you might be most interested in. Cookies can also improve your online experience by storing your preferences during your visit and/or use of the Services. Cookies can also be used for security, fraud detection and authentication purposes.Types of Cookies Session and Persistent Cookies
- Session Cookies - these are cookies which expire once you close your web browser; and
- Persistent Cookies - these are cookies which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them.
- First-party cookies - First-party cookies are directly stored by the website (or domain) you visit. These cookies allow website owners to collect analytics data, remember language settings, and perform other useful functions that provide a good user experience.
- Third-party cookies - Third-party cookies are created by domains that are not the website (or domain) that you are visiting. These are usually used for online-advertising purposes and placed on a website through adding scripts or tags. A third-party cookie is accessible on any website that loads the third-party server's code.
The Categories of Cookies Used by Rebuy
Rebuy, or our service providers acting on our behalf, uses the types of cookies identified above in the following ways:
Strictly Necessary - These cookies are necessary for the Services to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set or placed in response to actions made by you, which amount to a request for Services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. For example, Strictly Necessary cookies are used by us to:
- Remember information that you fill in when performing certain activities while accessing or using the Services.
- Pass information from one page to the next, for example when filling out support forms or surveys.
- Provide the Services according to your preferences such as language and location.
- Read your browser and device settings to optimize the display of the Site.
- Locate and identify misuse of the Services.
- Load the Site uniformly to maintain accessibility.
- Fraud prevention and authentication.
Functionality Cookies -- These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. For example, we use Functionality cookies to:
- Remember information that you fill in when performing certain activities in connection with your use of the Services.
- Store your preferences such as language.
- Maintain, operate, and continually improve the Services.
- Keep track of the number of visitors to the pages within the Site.
- Keep track of the length of time that each visitor spends on the pages within the Site and/or the features of the Site and/or Services.
- Determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages within the Site and/or features of the Services.
- Determine the website a visitor was at before navigating to the Site and the website a visitor is going to immediately after leaving the Site.
- Identify performance issues with the Site and/or Services (or any component thereof).
- Assess which parts of the Site and/or Services (or any component thereof) need improvement.
- Obtain information from our email newsletters or other communications we send to you, including whether you opened or forwarded a newsletter or clicked on any of its content, which tells us about our newsletters' effectiveness and helps us ensure that we're delivering information that you find interesting.
Please refer to the privacy policies linked below of the third party analytic providers currently utilized through the Services:
- Google: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- Facebook: facebook.com/about/privacy
- Hotjar: www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/
Targeting/Advertising Cookies -- These cookies are designed to gather information from you and used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Targeting or advertising cookies are almost always third party cookies, which means, the cookies follow the user as they visit other websites. Rebuy uses the third party service providers listed below that use these cookies to:
- Advertise Rebuy and its products and services across the Internet.
- Track the performance and efficacy of our advertisement campaigns.
- Tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
Please refer to the privacy policies linked below of the third party advertising services currently utilized through the Services:
- Google (DoubleClick Digital Marketing): www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- LinkedIn Ads: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Facebook Pixel & Custom Audience Products: facebook.com/about/privacy & https://www.facebook.com/about/ads/#types
How to Manage Your Cookie Preferences
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent prior to setting cookies (except for strictly necessary cookies). Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
In order to manage your cookie preferences, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain features and/or functionality of the Services will not work.
To learn more about cookies, including how to manage cookies and opt-out of cookies being placed on your device, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
While tracking is widespread over the internet, there are things you can do to minimize these activities with respect to browser cookies.Do Not Track Settings
- You may turn on the Do Not Track ("DNT") setting in your browser, which will enable your browser to send a special signal to websites, analytics companies, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. To turn on your DNT signal, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/#adjust-settings. Please note that not all companies will respond to or honor DNT signals.
- Note that Rebuy does not process or respond to web browsers' "do not track" signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use the Services.
- You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- In addition, some of our third party analytics and/or advertising/targeting partners may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") or Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. NAI and DAA each provide information regarding procedures for opting-out of targeted online advertising from participating companies.
- For information from NAI about opting out, click here.
- For information from DAA about opting out, click here or visit: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- For information about DAA's AppChoices application, click here.
- You can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Modifications to this Policy